Day 01 – Your favorite song--probably Sex on Fire by Kings of Leon
Day 02 – Your least favorite song-- those nasty rap songs with high pitched alvin and the chipmunk voices.
Day 03 – A song that makes you happy
Day 04 – A song that makes you sad
Day 05 – A song that reminds you of someone
Day 06 – A song that reminds of you of somewhere
Day 07 – A song that reminds you of a certain event
Day 08 – A song that you know all the words to
Day 09 – A song that you can dance to
Day 10 – A song that makes you fall asleep
Day 11 – A song from your favorite band
Day 12 – A song from a band you hate
Day 13 – A song that is a guilty pleasure
Day 14 – A song that no one would expect you to love
Day 15 – A song that describes you
Day 16 – A song that you used to love but now hate
Day 17 – A song that you hear often on the radio
Day 18 – A song that you wish you heard on the radio
Day 19 – A song from your favorite album
Day 20 – A song that you listen to when you’re angry
Day 21 – A song that you listen to when you’re happy
Day 22 – A song that you listen to when you’re sad
Day 23 – A song that you want to play at your wedding
Day 24 – A song that you want to play at your funeral
Day 25 – A song that makes you laugh
Day 26 – A song that you can play on an instrument
Day 27 – A song that you wish you could play
Day 28 – A song that makes you feel guilty
Day 29 – A song from your childhood
Day 30 – Your favorite song at this time last year
- How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? I'd probably stay my own age, 18
- Which is worse, failing or never trying? NEVER TRYING. if you at least try you have a 50/50 shot at succeeding. but if you don't try, you will never know if you could have succeeded or not.
- If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? sometimes there are many things in life that you have to do but don't like. and sometimes people get stuck in a routine and forget that there are other options of doing what you actually do like.
- When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? probably.
- What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? war; people dying for such stupid and ignorant causes. if not dying, being traumatized for life and probably better off dead.
- If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? travelling the world with best friends
- Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? i'm settling for what i'm doing at the moment, working on doing what i believe in.
- If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? i'd definitely figure a way to travel more than i am now, i wouldn't waste time on negative relationships that bring me down and i'd do simply what makes me happy.
- To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? i can't control my life, i feel like it controls me.
- Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? doing things right.
- You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do? listen, try to tune it out. don't say a word. don't tell my close friend what i've heard. pretend it didn't happen.
- If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? this too shall pass. whenever you are in a bind just remember it WILL pass and life WILL get better.
- Would you break the law to save a loved one? yes.
- Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? yes.
- What’s something you know you do differently than most people? handle situations. or the way i just get high on life sometimes.
- How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? i don't know but i wish they did.
- What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back? sky dive, i haven't had the opportunity yet.
- Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? old habits.
- If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? Israel. I love the community, I feel at one. I love the religious side of it. I don't feel drawn in to negative people or places. I love the Hebrew language and the Israelis. I love the places and shabbat dinners and the beaches.
- Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? Sometimes, and yes.
- Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? A joyful simpleton anyday.
- Why are you, you? Because I'm not YOU.
- Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? I believe so.
- Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? Losing touch with a good friend that lives right near you. Usually when a good friend moves away you can still manage to keep contact and see each other from time to time. However when you lose contact with a friend, sometimes it's hard to get back
- What are you most grateful for? My family.
- Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? Never be able to make new ones.
- Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first? No.
- Has your greatest fear ever come true? I honestly don't even know what my greatest fear really is. I have yet to find out.
- Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now? Yes I remember, and NO it was so stupid.
- What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special? Going to the Great Escape with my dad ... it's so special because those were the days that he loved me and was there for me. Now I don't hear from him ever, not even on birthdays. I don't even know where he is.
- At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? When I was in Paris climbing the Eiffel Tower.
- If not now, then when? Tomorrow?
- If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? Absolutely nothing.
- Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever? No :( I wish.
- Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? I wish I knew.
- Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? no.
- If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? hell yeah.
- Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? more work i enjoy doing.
- Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? all too well.
- When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? never.
- If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? my mom, my brother, i would try to find my dad, my grandparents, meaghan & her family, and my dog.
- Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? yes.
- What is the difference between being alive and truly living? Being alive, well everyone is just alive simply because they are breathing. Truly living is taking each day and living it like it was your last.
- When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right? I don't know.
- If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? Mistakes can feel like failure.
- What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? Probably dress worse and be way more outgoing, in a sense that I wouldn't care what I said or how it came out, sounding stupid or not.
- When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? Last night when i went to bed.
- What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love? My dog. Everyday I pet him and play with him and he gives me little kisses.
- In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that? Not at all =/
- Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you? I'm trying to make them for myself
well i don't really use this thing much anymore but i have not forgotten about my list.
Journal every day a lot.( 6 / 1001) (this was also kind of unreal, so I'm changing it to journal A LOT) --- i use a real journal now. not A LOT or everyday but while i was in england i journalled everyday for a month, so i'm crossing this one out.
- -See a Cirque du Soleil show ( i saw cirque dreams, and it was really cool .. but i thought it was a cirque du soleil show - it wasn't! but i'm going to see kooza in april!)
- -Visit a lot of museums (atleast 10) --Ripley's Believe it or not, Madame Tussaus or however you spell it ;), the banbury museum, the ashmolean
-Get my license (working on it!) got my license in March :D -grow hair long Oiiiiiiiiii .. i let my hair grow so long, it was almost down to my butt. I cut it in September though, and I regret it. but hey, it'll grow back. nov 9--it's growing back just fine!!
Buy a wet suit. --- probably going to change. nov 9--seriously, i'll never use a wetsuit??? what was i thinking... i did get a hamster though . so i'm just going to cross this out. -Get rid of unused clothes and things regularly! I've been selling them on ebay!!! -GET A JOB! (hopefully gloria jeans) This summer I worked at a children's summer camp. It was amazing to say the least. nov 9th-got a job today at toys r us!! -get a car (by the end of the summer I should have enough money) ---UPDATE- I might actually change this one, I don't have a need for a car anymore. My mom and I both use the same car and make payments on it together and I plan on going to Israel next year where I won't need one for a while. nov 9th -- got a car in july!! -Spend a weekend with a couple of friends with absolutely no electronics. --thinking back I can't remember if this included lights or not. haha so I'm going to update this and say NO LIGHTS. ---well i've been camping plenty of times so i'm crossing this out.
- -See a movie all by myself.
-Purge my closet of clothes I don't wear.
- -Buy a polaroid camera & take pictures of people I really care about to hang up.
- -Write notes and leave them in books that i love at the bookstore to make people smile.
-Buy 10 pairs of earrings that i love. --got gauges, and i love them.
- -Camp solo in the mountains. -----elisabeth you are off your lid, where are there mountains?!!?!
- -Take a road trip
-Go camping --went camping in june :) -go hiking
- -Go boogie boarding again.
- -Go kayaking
-Travel out of the country -- I plan on moving to Israel in September 2010 --nov 9- just got back from england and paris a few weeks ago
- -Get a new bike and ride around a lot.
- -visit all 50 states.(2/50) Connecticut, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, -- I might go on a road trip around the states next year.
-sleep under the stars at least 10 times.
- -Swim in an ocean I never have
- -Visit Disney World
Plant a bonsai tree. --I GOT A BONSAI TREE KIT YESTERDAY! my seeds will be ready soon:)
- -Go skiing
-Go rollerblading -pick a major (biology!) -get in to college -- this is post poned for a while. joining the israeli army next year ---nov 9th- got accepted to central, southern, post and barry university!! going to central in jan
- -study every night. --definitely changing this. don't know what yet. ---i have nothing to study at the moment
- -raise SAT score at least by 300 -- don't care about SATs right now, so i'm changing this too.
- -Take ACT -- changing this as well.
-keep an open mind when looking for colleges --changing this as well wtf.
- -Pack a shoe box for Operation Christmas Child.
-End my junior year with at least a 3.0 GPA -End my senior year with at least a 3.0 GPA -Contact old friends more often. -Volunteer
- -Donate one dollar for every goal not accomplished
-Send greetings to people on their special days or randomly just to show that I care.
- -Stop trying to please other people.
-Take old books to a used bookstore. -Work at camp. -got accepted.
- -Do something I don't want to.
-Send something to postsecret -HAVE T O MAIL IT
Plant a tree (bonsai?)
- -take pictures
everyday more, and at the end make a book. (this is too unrealistic for me, so i'm changing it to take more pictures)
- -learn a new language.
- -become fluent in hebrew & japanese.
- -learn another instrument
(oboe) --i've been working on ukulele
- -go to atleast 5 broadway shows. ( I / IIIII)
- -Learn to crochet. --changing. i have no interest in this anymore lol
- -Take martial arts
- -Finish learning Moonlight Sonata on piano
- -Break a record!
Reorganize my room completely
- -Make a hemp bracelet
- -Start eating properly; 3-5 small meals in a day.
- -Take super good care of my teeth --have failed at this lately.
- -Take vitamins daily
- -lose between 5 and 15 pounds. keep weight there. ---this is the hardest
- -eat only organic food for a week
- -try new foods
- -Drop my fat percent
- -gym 3 times a week!
-Go a month without soda. as of feb. 19 this will be done!
- -Eat fast food no more than once a month
- -Donate blood ---I tried the other day and didn't weigh enough >:(
- -Get a reusable water bottle and start drinking water more.
-Find the perfect bra!
- -Get a little tin to keep Chinese fortunes from cookies in.
-Learn how to tap dance. (i started this jan. 16!!)
- -Win something
- -Visit a health spa
- -Put yourself in someone else's shoes.
Learn about another religion. (buddhism)
- -Finish knitting something! (ie steff's ipod case)
-Get a mani/pedi facial and hair done in one day. -Get a laptop
- -Go to Friday night & Saturday morning services every week for a month.
- -Go to the airport and take the next departing plane no matter where it's going to.
- -Buy atleast 6 new pairs of shoes.
- -Watch a sunset and stay awake to watch the next sunrise
- -Buy a new camera
-Get a pen pal. waiting for my reply NEED TO REPLY
- -Buy a present for my mother "just because".
- -Buy a present for my father "just because".
- -Go a week without swearing
- -Stay overnight at the beach to catch the sunrise
-Play Wii Fit
- -Try escargot.
- Visit the zoo
- Throw an 80s party
Find someone to do some of this stuff with me (Steff, as of now, says she'll do some of this with me, but it's not going well.) Dance a lot, in front of whoever may be watching.
- Don't give a fuck about anything and live life.
- Be happy.
- Cherish life and the people around you.
k some of this stuff is really just unreasonable. i was like 16 when i wrote it, not that i'm much older .. but 2 years ago i had different goals then i do now. i'm making a new list.
What's the best and worst advice you ever received? Did you follow it even if it ran counter to your gut intuition? How did it turn out?
"Sometimes you need to just smile and learn to pick yourself up, because nobody's going to do it for you."
During camp this summer, our emotions were like rollercoasters, one minute we were fine and the next everything was crazy. It was just a crazy summer. So one night, I was feeling kinda bummed out about something. And I was talking to my friend Michaela and she told me this. She made me realize that there's no sense on sitting around moping waiting for something to cheer me up. I need to cheer myself up. I need to realize that life will go on around me just fine and it's up to me whether I want to live it happy and smiling or upset. It's better to smile and enjoy what I'm doing than to frown and hate it.
I always think about this when I get mad/upset/sad anything ... I realize that there's no sense in staying negative. I just need to pick myself back up.
I don't remember the worst advice I've ever gotten, but I'm sure I tuned it out immediately because it was that bad.
Many countries require all citizens to fulfill a mandatory period of service in the armed forces. Do you agree or disagree with this policy? Do you think the current recruitment system creates or sustains socioeconomic inequality?
I definitely agree with this. You have resided in that country your entire life ... 18 years. You've grown up there and learned there. That country has served you and your needs and now it's your turn to help it and the others growing up. You need your country and now your country needs you. I think the United States should have some sort of system like this.
I think the current recruitment system does create socioeconomic inequality also, because many people want to serve but are "ineligible" and many that don't want to serve have to.
After high school I am moving to Israel and joining the Israel army, which has a mandatory service. all of my friends there have to join the army for boys 3 years, girls 2 .. when they turn 18.
So it's 11:17PM on a friday night and i'm sitting here in these really comfy feetie pajamas ... thinking about what a loser i probably look like. everybody is out partying on their friday night and living it up for the weekend and i'm chillin at home flipping channels in my DORKY (yet incredibly warm and comfortable) pj's. OH WELL :)
Wednesday I had school, lab, rock orchestra & slept. Thursday I had school, and violin lessons. I get to play the green viper in school so i've been taking it home and really jammin i'm really excited :)
Ruth is coming in about 2 weeks. We're making a list of things we're gonna do when she gets here !!! Here's what I have so far :D
-bike riding, around Waterbury .. show her the area. neighborhood/school etc.
-Friendly's ice cream coupons *she's never been to friendly's !!! =O
-Blum & Sam
-Build a raft and float down a river like lewis and clark and paint our faces indianish
-Duck tape to the wall
-Bob for apples
-Take the 6 train to Brooklyn Bridge (final stop), then hide when they clear the train to turn it around. Once it's moving again, pop your head up and look out the windows to see the abandoned City Hall train station.
-Statue of Liberty
-Monster Truck rally
-Karaoke bar man in the mirror
-Make homeade pizza like chefs
THIS IS OUR LIST SO FAR :D
so now on to more of my catching up ... this summer ....
well the first week we got there was staff week and i was completely nervous and i didn't know anybody except for like 2 people .. and to be honest i didn't really talk to them that much. it was all just a weird new experience at that point. so i was staying in a bunk and staying with people that i didn't know at all. i slept on the top bunk of this girl ruth. we were all tryign to get acquainted and it was so weird. making odd jokes haha. i was poking my head down and joking around with her. and i remember cairo telling us about how she was traveling all around europe for 6 months after camp. and i remember talking to blum about jon and kate plus 8 and little people big world, because she drew them on her phone. and then i met alison, and her ruth and i sort of just clicked. we made up this silly song because they're english and i'm american .. so we say a lot of things differently. the song was: is it a rubber, or an eraser? is it a rubber, or an eraser? is it a rubber rubber rubber rubber raser !! is it banana, or a banana ... tomato, tamato ... different pronunciations. it was our whole song of the summer hahah it was funny. then we had to paint the ABI sign -- the division name for the youngest girls in that camp. that brought a lot of us together, we placed polka dots on it very precisly .. it came out so cute. before we knew it we were placed in bunks .. and moved out of the bunk we'd been staying in for the past week. i found out i was in the "baby bunk" aka the youngest bunk in the division. i was kinda unsure about this but i went with it. my co counselors were orit - the mommy of the bunk me- the daddy of the bunk (since i was a specialist in arts and crafts - the den .. i wasn't with the bunk the entire day like she was) and then katie .. who was the aunty of the bunk .. aka one of the girls babysitters, but she was so much more than that . and such a big help. so we got the bunk ready .. moved the beds around, got the luggage in, labelled the beds and before we knew it the campers were there the next day. we all started introducing ourselves and getting along with the campers. there was leah-CRAZY .. penina-CRAZY .. mirit-CRAZY .. talia-CRAZY ..chloe-CRAZY.. sheked-CUTE .. sarah-CRAZY .. emily- CRAZY .. jesse-CRAZY .. jessie-CRAZIEST .. jamie- CRAZY .. shira- CRAZIER .. the triplets, juliana, morgan and carly - CRAZY .. sue- CRAZY .. jordanna- CRAZY .. molly - CRAZY ..
hahaha they weren't allll crazy .... all the time. they were cute when they slept ;) i called mirit licey because when she first came to us she had lice. but she was such a sport about it .. wearing a night gown in the rain because they had to wash the rest of her clothes! i remember i had to give her one of my shirts to sleep in the next night because she had nothing .. and it was like to her ankles. it was funny. shira slept under me and was crazyyyyyyyyyy ... but she was the funniest thing ever. she had this louddddd laugh and she was just a funny little kid, but she knew how to talk back !! mirit actually was a first sessioner and missed camp so much she came back hahaha. she loveddd me, she was so cute. penina was the little gangster of the bunk. she was crazyy .. one night there was a camping trip and apparently she had to go to the bathroom so bad and didn't wanna use the porta potty so she came all the way back to camp at like 11pm. leah was ... wildddddd. this cute little crazy russian child. who didn't like to listen. and loved food. yup. that's leah. she brought a bicycle to camp. haha. sheked didn't speak much english .. only hebrew. she was adorableeeee ... i tried to communicate but it's hard. talia was the most homesick camper i've ever seen in my life. her mom worked at camp !! she was fineee during the day .. then night time would come and she would just start ballinngggg .. i think her favorite part of camp was leaving. haha no she had a lot of fun when she didn't think of her mom. chloe was another wild little kid. she didn't like listening and talked back a lot but when she was in line she was really good .. and sometimes even cute !! her talia and shira were like the three trouble makers of the bunk. sarah and emily were the cute little best friends. sarah was missing like 3 of her front teeth .. and had short curly red hair and freckles and was the cutest littlest thing. but she had this whiny voice and everytime she called me she'd say biffffffffffyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy ... it was so funny. and emily was this cute little blonde who was just ACCIDENT PRONE. she would fall more than anyone. once she asked me to close her window at night and i accidently slammed it on my finger. oh bad times. blood everywhere.
i will finish tomorrow anyway. this is not even the beginning of my camp times hahaha.. it will get much better. plenty of stories and people :)
If your romantic partner told you that, given the chance, he or she would sleep with a celebrity/public figure you disrespect, would you be amused, jealous, or bewildered? How would they react if the situation were reversed?
Honestly, I'd probably be amused. I can't think of a celebrity or public figure I disrespect THAT much ... so that really has nothing to do with it. it's more the fact that he would sleep with anyone but me. If he was serious about it and he went through with it ... well, hands down, it would be over. hah I'm sure the feeling is mutual.
What are your favorite web or mobile apps? Which ones do you use everyday?
well my poor Q died .. so now i'm using my very old chocolate phone, i'm talking like the first one from 05-06 haha it's a piece of shit but it works can't complain, a phone is a phone. so i'm limited to web apps - none of my amazing mobile apps that i had.
facebook and ebay are my two main apps that i'm on at least everyday. then on a weekly span it's LJ, youtube, google. google is actually probably what i use the most .... i don't know an answer -- i google it. hah
If you could go back in time to another decade, which decade would you choose and why? Would you want to return or stay there? What if you could bring one other person with you?
I WOULD GO TO THE 80'S !!!! 100% ... i absolutely loveeeee everything about the 80s. I seriously think I should have been born in the 80s. I would bring my mom back to the 80s with me and we would have so much fucking fun. we'd go to monster truck rallies and parties and concerts. She'd teach me how to get my hair so big and how to squeeze into the tightest jeans. I would probably want to stay there. I wanna see my mom how she used to be .. and live the stories she always talks about. Everybody makes the 80s sound like the best thing ever, it makes me sad that I wasnt there.
If you could relive one hour of your life so far, what would you choose and why? Would you do or say anything different? How do you think it would change your life?
I would definitely go back to summer time. Maybe a time this summer at the camp or sometime in Israel. I don't really have any regrets about anything so there's not much I want to relive unless it's for the fun of it. I'd want to go back to when I was little and see how everything was different. I think everything happens for a reason .. so even simple things like spilling the milk when I was little taught me something in life. If i changed one thing in my life, without knowing it - it could end up changing my whole life!! who wants that? I like my life. No, I love my life.